Thanksgiving Side Dishes Recipes

So, apparently, there is a big thing happening next week. Like, it’s already that time of year where we bust out the stretchy pants and eat dry turkey and drink cranberry sauce through a straw.

Okay, fine. My parents and in-laws would never dream of serving dry turkey, but the cranberry sauce thing is totally happening this year. Wait and see.

In the meantime, you better get planning. I’ve made it easy with this quick roundup of 9 of my favorite side dishes, perfect for your family and Thanksgiving!

Scalloped Corn, Creamed Corn, and Cheesy Corn with Bacon are simple sides that everyone loves. It’s not Thanksgiving without my grandpa-in-law’s famous sausage dressing. Apparently, veggies are important, so I like to serve green beans, with bacon, of course. This squash gratin is pretty divine, too. Oh, you like cheese? How about Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Creamy Baked Mac & Cheese, or Baked Cheese Grits?

Drown all of that in gravy, serve it with some turkey, and enjoy your food coma.

6 Responses to “Thanksgiving Side Dishes Recipes”

1. Emily Voss November 15, 2012 @ 2:06 pm (#

Thank goodness. We’re in charge of a side this year for my husband’s grandparent’s house (normally I’d do a pie or cookies!) and I was at a loss for what to bring. Cheesy hashbrown casserole it is. Yum!

2. Jennifer @ Not Your Momma's Cookie November 15, 2012 @ 2:29 pm (#

These all sound totally delicious! Bacon, cheese, potatoes, corn – nom, nom, nom!

Because of my husband’s work schedule this year, it’ll just be the two of us, so we’re going out. Does that make me a bad food blogger? I think it might…

3. Joanne November 15, 2012 @ 7:30 pm (#

I’m essentially in charge of most sides, being the vegetarian in the room. That squash gratin is calling to me!

4. Kathleen erbe November 16, 2012 @ 10:47 am (#

I love the blue ones…O my am I baking now. thanks, kerbe

5. Kathleen erbe November 16, 2012 @ 10:48 am (#

Sorry the last comment was meant for a contest, but I love your site anyway.

6. Danijela November 19, 2012 @ 10:07 am (#

Thanks for the menu help ;). Your Calloped Corn recipe is very similar to one recipe I used to make, so I vote for that one. Beautiful collection!