I’m sure it’s no surprise to most of you that I’m sort of addicted to Pinterest. The crafty things I’ll never make, the crazy hair styles and fancy finger nail polish, the home decor, and, of course, the food.
The gobs and gobs of food. I sometimes get embarrassed by all of the food I’m pinning and will pin some random craft or hair style just so people don’t think I do nothing but look at food photos. True story.
Apparently, food is the number one thing to be shared on social media sites, such as Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. And dessert? It’s the number one type of food to be shared. Obviously, I can understand that. I’m a big fan of sharing food photos. I feel all accomplished when I’ve created something delicious and I love sharing it with all of you!
Let’s reverse that, though. How about you share a yummy food photo with me and the rest of the Internet?
In The Raw is making that easy and fun with their new app, Au Natural In The Raw. Because, yes, your food is not only yummy, it’s sort of sexy. In fact, it needs to be censored.
I whipped up these Coffee Cake Muffins from In The Raw’s website (they have an impressive assortment of recipes all using natural ingredients!) and fell in love. I don’t bake a lot of muffins, but these were total winners. They rose nice and tall, they were perfectly crunch on top, and the filling was delicious.
I love baking with Sugar In The Raw because it’s totally, completely, all natural. None of that yummy molasses is stripped from the sugar, so it keeps that lovely golden color and tastes a bit like brown sugar. It’s a natural Turbinado sugar made exclusively from sugar cane.
You use it just like you would regular sugar, but you get to be happy about it knowing that it’s all natural. Not to mention, you get a little boost of flavor from the molasses. (Did you know that to make granulated white sugar they strip the molasses from it? Brown sugar is just white sugar with the molasses and some coloring added back in.)
Alright, your turn. Let’s see some of your deliciously obscene food photos. If you need a little cooking inspiration, stop by In The Raw and check out their assortment of recipes. Come back here and leave a comment telling me which recipe you’ll make and you’ll be entered to win a $100 Cooking.com gift card!
Be sure to visit In The Raw’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts, too.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar In The Raw®
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Sugar In The Raw®
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Stir together the dry ingredients. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. In a separate bowl, combine the milk and egg. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Mixture will resemble a soft dough.
- In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. Using half the batter, spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. Sprinkle with filling and top with remaining batter. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out dry.