Brownie S’mores

You know how when you’re good at something churchy people are always like “This is a gift from God, you shouldn’t waste it,” or whatever?

Like, people with amazing singing voices. They’re always told not to waste their voice, because it’s a gift from God. I mean, I assume they are told that. I can assure you that no one has ever requested I not waste my singing voice.

Well, I firmly believe that air conditioning is a gift from God.

Can someone please let my husband know that we should not waste this gift by driving around town with the air conditioning on in the car and the windows open? My hair goes all crazy and I can’t hear anything over the wind and the car doesn’t even stay cool because the cold air just jumps right out the window like forget this, I’m not sticking around in this stupid car with this crazy driver and his complain-y wife, I’m free, you hear me, freeeeeeeeeeee!

Air conditioning is a gift from God and my husband is just wasting it! Someone stop him.

Please. Before I get all murder-y.

Another gift from God that I firmly believe should not be wasted is brownie mix. There are so many ridiculous things you can do to a brownie mix. This time around I mixed in some graham crackers and marshmallows and Hershey’s bars. Then I ate them all. Waste not, want not, after all.

(I saw this idea on pinterest, but I must not have actually pinned it and I can’t find the original source. I just took what I could remember and whipped these up. If this is your recipe, please let me know and I’ll happily link you.)

PrintPrintSaveSave

Brownie S'mores

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix
eggs, as called for on the box
oil, as called for on the box
water, as called for on the box
12-ish graham crackers
2 cups mini marshmallows
3 Hershey's bars

Directions:

Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the box and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Line the bottom of the baking dish with graham crackers, breaking them into pieces to fit as needed.
Pour half of the brownie batter over the graham crackers. Top with 1 cup of the mini marshmallows. Break the Hershey's bars into pieces and place half of the pieces on top of the marshmallows.
Top with the remaining graham crackers as evenly as possible. Pour on the remaining brownie batter, top with the rest of the marshmallows and Hershey's bar pieces.
Bake according to package directions or until the brownies are baked through.

I’m giving away a $1000 gift card to one lucky reader! Enter here!

18 Responses to “Brownie S’mores”

1. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel August 29, 2012 @ 10:16 am (#

Ugh, my boyfriend is guilty of the AC-yet-window-cranking phenom that thoroughly angers and confuses me. WHYYY are the windows cranked if the AC is on full blast? WHY, sweet boyfriend, do you hate me so? Ugh, don’t they know that the wind is treacherous for our luscious locks? At least you had a pan of these bad boys to console you when your hair was wind-whipped, and that in itself, is the best gift evah.

2. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking August 29, 2012 @ 11:54 am (#

Hahah! Well, look at the brightside… you could have more of these brownies to yourself! ;) Seriously though, tell him to recognize. Without windows-up A/C it just isn’t possible to get through summer.

3. mrsblocko August 29, 2012 @ 1:43 pm (#

I am so sorry you have a blasphemer! AC is a gift from God. Your hubby should quit wasting it! Shameful!!!
    At least you’ve got brownies. How you can turn your oven on in this heat is beyond me. We’re gearing up for another mini heatwave here. Yikes!

4. sally @ sallys baking addiction August 29, 2012 @ 4:59 pm (#

Yep… this is the best and ONLY way to dress up a boxed brownie mix. I’m convinced. Oh and I will still eat s’mores long after summer is gone!! PS: my air conditioning balances out my oven heat when I’m on a baking rampage. SO thankful for it!!!!

5. Jocelyn August 29, 2012 @ 5:51 pm (#

My hubby is guilty of this too…only I won’t let him put my window down. One of my biggest pet peeves is my hair blowing around in my eyes and stuff!!! Brownie mixes are my all time favorite way to make brownies…they are a gift that must be put to good use:-)

6. Joanne August 29, 2012 @ 9:07 pm (#

I’m always trying to get my boyfriend to conserve on A/C (I.e. not put it on) button such luck yet. I’m thinking bribing him with brownies is a good idea.

7. Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes August 29, 2012 @ 10:54 pm (#

My brother does this! He opens his windows with the a/c on in the car. It’s like, pick one of the other, geez! haha Brownies are indeed a gift from God :)

8. Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings August 30, 2012 @ 9:05 am (#

Windows down or air conditioning– you can’t have it both way!!!

9. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 30, 2012 @ 9:20 am (#

This is a perfect use for a brownie mix!

10. shelly (cookies and cups) August 30, 2012 @ 3:51 pm (#

Brownie mix and AC ARE gifts from God. Do we share a brain?

11. Susie September 2, 2012 @ 11:15 am (#

What size Hershey bars do you use ??

Karly Reply:

@Susie,

Just the regular size candy bars you’d find at the gas station or in the check out lane of the grocery store.

Susie Reply:

@Karly, thanks………on my way to the store (^_^)

12. Ann September 2, 2012 @ 2:35 pm (#

Okay ladies, live it up a little and let go….. My husband and I drive around in the convertible and I get wind tossed hair (that’s what hairbrushes, and ponytail holders are made for.) If it’s a hot day I run the AC, if it’s cold I run the heater! Enjoy life when you can. Lighten up!

Karly Reply:

@Ann,

I’ll enjoy life from the cool comfort of the AC, thank you very much. ;)

13. Mike June 14, 2013 @ 7:31 am (#

Uh…there *might* be a reason he has the windows down even w/ the a/c on.

He *might* be doing you a favor. ;-)

1. Pingback: 17 Delicious Chocolate Desserts