Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake recipePeanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake recipe

Snack cake.

What is it?

Like, what makes one cake good for snack time and another cake only good for dessert? I think we’re all unknowingly discriminating against cake.

I want it to stop. I want it to stop right now.

I hereby declare that all cake is snack cake. Also, all cake is dessert cake. Cake, from here on out, shall be served and eaten anytime the craving hits.

DOWN WITH THE VEGETABLES.

Oh, wait. I mean, I like cake. Yes. I like it a lot. Possibly more than broccoli. Don’t tell my mom.

This cake is just a doctored up cake mix. Easy as pie. Only not. Because it’s not pie, it’s cake.

Am I even making sense anymore? I think all of the chocolate and peanut butter has been going to my head this week.

Send help.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake recipe

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake recipePrint Recipe

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup peanut butter
eggs, as called for on the box
melted butter, to replace the oil as called for on the box
milk, to replace the water as called for on the box
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or as directed on the box mix).
Add all of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer and mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into a greased 13x9 baking dish and bake as directed on the box.

14 Responses to “Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake”

1. Cassie August 9, 2012 @ 9:25 am (#

I am loving PB/chocolate week. This snack cake is so fun and unique. I love it!

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks August 9, 2012 @ 9:30 am (#

cake mix and peanut butter and some chocolate -cannot go wrong with the flavors or the ease. Love it!

3. sally @ sallys baking addiction August 9, 2012 @ 10:11 am (#

I am LOVING all of the peanut butter/chocolate on Buns in my Oven lately, Karly!!!!!!!! You are a gal after my own heart! and using cake mix is just the cherry on top of an already amazing combo of flavors :)

4. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel August 9, 2012 @ 10:31 am (#

Holy snackcakes! This looks awesome, Karly. I love vegetables, but given the choice of snackcakes or veggies, you know I’m going for snackcakes. This is the BEST WEEK EVARRRR!!

5. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 9, 2012 @ 3:35 pm (#

So awesome! Loooove this little cake. Keep all this PB&C goodness coming!

6. Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust August 9, 2012 @ 4:24 pm (#

Snack cake is….for every single minute of every day if it is this one.

7. Joanne August 9, 2012 @ 8:58 pm (#

All cake is definitely snack cake…it’s all semantics really. And those are just stupid. This actually looks like breakfast/lunch/dinner cake to me!

8. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 10, 2012 @ 10:19 am (#

We make something a lot like this and it gets eaten throughout the day! No strict rules on “proper” time to partake! :)

9. Amber {Sprinkled With Flour} August 10, 2012 @ 3:04 pm (#

Oh man, I’ve got a bag of chocolate chips with this written all over it! Yum! :)

10. Trooppetrie August 11, 2012 @ 5:49 am (#

you have made my week with all the PB recipes, I love it

11. Terry August 11, 2012 @ 1:28 pm (#

Mmmmm… it’s in the oven and smelling wonderful!!

12. AC May 26, 2014 @ 8:18 pm (#

Only had chocolate cake mix on hand but still tasted great! Tasted like a moist chocolate cake with a hint of peanut butter. …i added another 1/2 cup of chocolate chips too, I shouldve added more peanut butter! Nice quick recipe, thanks!!

1. Pingback: The Friday Roundup Goes Back 2 School! | The Domestic Rebel

2. Pingback: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Cake Recipe | Buns In My Oven: Vege Bun ~ Vege Food on Vege Bun, Vegetarian Bun, Veggie Bun, Vegan Bun, Vege Life Products, Vege Baking Buns, Vege Pastry Buns