Roasted Strawberry Hot Fudge Milkshake

Alright, I’m the first to admit that my usual idea of a milkshake involves some vanilla ice cream and a handful of cookies. Maybe a little chocolate syrup. If I’m feeling fancy, I might add sprinkles for the crazy colors.

If I’m feeling really fancy? I might just go ahead and roast some fruit to blend up in that milkshake.

It seriously brings a whole new depth to your standard strawberry milkshake. Who cares if your husband rolls his eyes at you when he sees you turn on the oven to make a milkshake. He just doesn’t understand. He’s not a foodie, like you. He should just be careful before you pluck those eyeballs out with a pair of pliers.

Whoa.

That wasn’t, like, a confession or anything. His eyeballs are perfectly intact. Should they ever be plucked out, I can assure that I had nothing to do with it. Probably.

Let’s all just move on before I end up in jail, shall we?

I added hot fudge sauce to my milkshake. I really feel, deep in my heart, that hot fudge sauce is undervalued in the food world. I’m on a mission to change that. Just in case you are out of hot fudge sauce, you can certainly mix in some chocolate syrup or Nutella.

On the other hand, if you have an abundance of hot fudge sauce, I have the recipes for you.

1. Hot Fudge Sundae Oreo Brownies
2. Hot Fudge Covered Strawberry Donut Pudding
3. Hot Fudge Fluffernutter Banana Bread
4. Sundae Cookie Bars
5. Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Bars

PrintPrintSaveSave

Roasted Strawberry Hot Fudge Milkshake

Ingredients:

1 cup diced strawberries
2 scoops ice cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup hot fudge sauce, Nutella, or chocolate syrup

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the diced strawberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow the strawberries to cool to room temperature or colder.
Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

inspired by Two Peas & Their Pod

18 Responses to “Roasted Strawberry Hot Fudge Milkshake”

1. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel July 31, 2012 @ 9:15 am (#

Holy cow, dude. Roasted strawberries? Way to go all fancy fine-dining on us! However, it works because this may be the coolest milkshake ever. I doubt you’ll even miss the sprinkles and the cookies!

2. sally @ sallys baking addiction July 31, 2012 @ 9:39 am (#

Yup you are in abundance of hot fudgy recipes here. You ain’t lyin’!! And yes, it totally is undervalued. I used to eat plain ole vanilla ice cream w/ hot fudge sauce all the time when I was a kiddo.

Oh and I can only imagine the kicked up taste the roasted strawberries bring today’s milkshake!

3. Jill July 31, 2012 @ 9:47 am (#

Yes! Mmm.. Milkshakes. Roasted Strawberries. Hot Fudge. You cannot go wrong!

4. Cookbook Queen July 31, 2012 @ 10:00 am (#

Get in my face, fancy milkshake!!!! I will OWN you!!

5. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar July 31, 2012 @ 2:41 pm (#

Visiting your blog turns me into a crazy person!! I see, I make, I fall in love. We need to be real life neighbors.

6. Averie @ Averie Cooks July 31, 2012 @ 6:01 pm (#

This looks so delish! Makes me thirsty just looking at it :)

7. Aimee @ ShugarySweets August 1, 2012 @ 8:18 am (#

Oh yes. I’m addicted to all things strawberry right now. Especially roasted. This shake is amazing.

8. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 1, 2012 @ 9:45 am (#

I need one of these right about now! Time to go turn the oven on. . .

9. Construction Supplies San Diego August 2, 2012 @ 7:08 pm (#

I think I just died and went to heaven!!!! This looks absolutely amazing!!

10. Joanne August 2, 2012 @ 8:11 pm (#

The.Boy. almost always makes crazy eyes at me when I enter the kitchen so I get it. Maybe we can be jail cell buddies if this whole eye plucking thing comes to pass.

11. Amber {Sprinkled With Flour} August 6, 2012 @ 9:13 am (#

Wow, that milkshake sounds reeeediculous! Yes, I’d say you’re definitely the hot fudge queen. :)

12. RaeLynn August 7, 2012 @ 8:07 pm (#

I just found your blog and have to tell you…not only do your recipes look delish but you are hilarious. I think we’d probably be friends if we were neighbors :)

13. Jean@jeanisacookingqueen August 10, 2012 @ 12:39 pm (#

Oh My!!! Yum…yum…yum…the oven to make a milkshake ??? :) Love it :)

1. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | How Sweet It Is

2. Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Lifestyle Pins

3. Pingback: Tuesday Things. » A Bowl Full Of Blogs

4. Pingback: Friday Round Up #5 | Buns In My Oven

5. Pingback: 20 Milkshake Recipes | The Divine Miss Mommy | Atlanta Georgia Mom Blogger | Travel Blogger