Firecrackers

Firecrackers recipe
Firecrackers recipe

I’m not sure if I love this little snack food more for the name and the wordplay involved or more for the flavor.

Okay, fine. Wordplay is fun and all, but I totally love these because they make my mouth happy. I eat these by the bucketful.

As for the wordplay, yes, I enjoy it. Firecrackers! They are crackers that are hot and spicy, like fire! And they are usually served at the Fourth of July, so Firecrackers works exceptionally well. Also, there are red flecks on them, so one could say they even look like a firecracker exploded on them!

Firecrackers recipe

The simplest things amuse me, y’all.

Also, the simplest things taste amazing, and these really could not be simpler. 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes of hands on time. Yes, please. Pass the Firecrackers!

Firecrackers recipe

Firecrackers recipe

Firecrackers recipePrint Recipe

Firecrackers

Ingredients:

2 sleeves Saltine Crackers, about 80 crackers total
1 packet Ranch seasoning mix, dry
2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
1 cup canola oil

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and place a cooling rack on top of a jelly roll pan.
Add all of the ingredients to a gallon sized bag and seal. Shake and squish the bag to coat the crackers as evenly as possible.
Pour the crackers onto the cooling rack/jelly roll pan combination and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
Stir the crackers and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Store in an air-tight container.

16 Responses to “Firecrackers”

1. Amber (Sprinkled With Flour) April 9, 2012 @ 8:39 am (#

I’ve never heard of these crackers but they sound delicious! Definitely need to put these on my list to try. :)

2. shelly (cookies and cups) April 9, 2012 @ 8:53 am (#

I would love these. I am pretty firm in my belief that Ranch seasoning packets make everything better.

3. aimeeberrett April 9, 2012 @ 1:35 pm (#

I love saltines, so improving them with these flavors seems amazing. Yum!

4. DessertForTwo April 9, 2012 @ 6:20 pm (#

I love this!
    It reminds me of Ranch oyster crackers that my Mom makes at Christmas.

5. Joanne April 9, 2012 @ 7:26 pm (#

My parents always sit around eating boring old water crackers at holidays. NO MORE. I’m taking matters into my own hands with these babies.

6. Laura April 9, 2012 @ 9:11 pm (#

I have a friend that makes these for me all the time. Well actually for everyone, but I tend to hog them. I have no problem threatening her 8 year old grandson if he attempts to bogart them. They are fabulous!!

7. Rosita April 10, 2012 @ 4:57 pm (#

I had these once at a dive in WV and always wondered how to make them – they were so good! One question – what do you mean by cooling rack? I thought maybe you meant a rack like I put cookies on but I wasn’t sure how you would stir it on that. I can’t wait to try this!

• Karly replied: — April 10th, 2012 @ 5:21 pm

@Rosita,

Yep, I meant a rack that you’d cool cookies on! Put the cookie rack on top of the jelly roll pan, so crumbs don’t fall through. As for stirring, just push the crackers around a bit. No need to be real thorough. :)

8. D.a nell May 22, 2012 @ 5:01 pm (#

Ohhh boy hubby going to love these crackers they sound great cant wait to try them out

9. Roxanne October 23, 2012 @ 8:46 pm (#

Thanks to you I have a new favorite snack! Made them, ate them, making them again – at this very moment. They are so good! Thank you lots!

10. dstyling September 28, 2013 @ 7:19 am (#

One half of a cyrstal shoes provides improvement over zero thoughts

11. gail October 31, 2013 @ 6:39 pm (#

love love love these ! thanks for the recipe !

12. aaron April 1, 2014 @ 10:34 pm (#

Warning. The ranch packet(hidden valley) is not dairy free

1. Pingback: Liz (lizijk) | Pearltrees