Thin Mint Brownie Cookies

Pin It

So, uh, something sort of happened yesterday.

It was my birthday. I turned *whisper* 30 years old.

Yeah, that happened.

I really didn’t feel 30 years old until I was at the store ordering my own birthday cake.

“Can you please write Happy Birthday, Karly on there? In hot pink?”

Isn’t my mommy supposed to do that for me while I’m at home shaking the birthday presents and sneakily peeling back the wrapping paper and re-taping it?

In my mama’s defense, she had the flu and this was an in-law party that she wasn’t supposed to be at, anyway. Also, I offered to pick up the birthday cake. And then proceeded to insist that I be the one to get the cake, because I didn’t want to impose on the host.

So, I’m not complaining, I’m just saying. Nothing makes you feel older than ordering your own birthday cake.

Or so I thought until I woke up this morning. I spent my birthday installing a new floor in my kitchen. I feel sort of ouchy today. And by “sort of” I mean that I can’t move without crying out in pain. My children are hiding from me. Apparently the screechy sounds coming from my food hole are frightening them.

I can only imagine how my husband (who is 32 and therefore VERY old, way older than me, thankyouverymuch) is feeling after crawling around on his knees and bending over to measure every godforsaken piece of flooring in our house.

Let’s not even wonder about how my daddy (who came over to help) is feeling. He’s obviously much older than me and is probably at home in bed, completely unable to move. Then again, he’s in much better shape than I am, so he probably skipped to work at 5am this morning, whistling music from the 50s (because, like I said…he’s pretty old).

Thankfully, the only part of my body that doesn’t ache is my mouth/jaw area. Which means that I can chew on these Thin Mint Brownie cookies all day long without complaint.

These aren’t the prettiest cookies ever, but they couldn’t be easier to make. I just took a box of brownie mix and turned that into the cookie base and then stirred in an entire sleeve of crushed Thin Mints. These were perfectly minty, soft, and chewy.

PrintPrintSaveSave

Thin Mint Brownie Cookies

These cookies couldn't be simpler, since they start with a box of brownie mix! Stir in some crushed Thin Mint cookies and you have a delicious, minty treat

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix (18ish ounces)
2 eggs
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
One sleeve Thin Mints (crushed)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat together the brownie mix, eggs, and butter until well combined.
Stir in the crushed Thin Mints.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet with 2 inches space between each cookie. (You can make these larger, like I did, but the edges tend to crisp up more before the middle bakes. I preferred the smaller cookies.)
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set.

20 Responses to “Thin Mint Brownie Cookies”

1. shelly (cookies and cups) March 19, 2012 @ 8:35 am (#

You crack me up. And these cookies are awesome.

2. Averie @ Averie Cooks March 19, 2012 @ 8:46 am (#

I love Thin Mints big time….these look perfect!

3. Cookbook Queen March 19, 2012 @ 8:58 am (#

Happy Belated Birthday, Karly!! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with you and help with the new floors.

And by help, I mean stand there and critique your work while I eat your Thin Mint Cookies.

Karly Reply:

@Cookbook Queen,

Thank you! The whole standing around eating cookies is my usual home improvement game plan, too. This was my first attempt at actually working, so I can say with experience that eating the cookies is the way to go.

4. Debbie March 19, 2012 @ 9:19 am (#

You’re never going to believe this. My mouth IS aching right now. Stupid canker sore. But, when it’s better and when my Thin Mint delivery arrives, I think this is a fabulous idea.

Karly Reply:

@Debbie,

Aw! Canker sores are awful! Hope it’s better soon so that you can enjoy those Thin Mints!

5. Debbie March 19, 2012 @ 9:20 am (#

Oh yeah! Happy birthday!

6. Natalie March 19, 2012 @ 9:47 am (#

1. Welcome to the club :) (My hubs is 32, too. WAY old…. until August when I turn 32 and he turns 33, then 33 will be WAY old.)
    2. Anything with an entire sleeve of thin mint cookies is a winner in my book. I’d love to come over and sneak some. From the sound of it, I may be able to outrun you if I come today. Hope you feel better!!

Karly Reply:

@Natalie,

Oh, honey, you could outrun me any day. Yes, even in that third trimester waddly state that you’re currently in. ;)

7. Cassie March 19, 2012 @ 10:11 am (#

Love how creative this is. I could eat a whole batch! Happy birthday! :)

8. Deborah March 19, 2012 @ 10:48 am (#

Happy birthday!! And I totally want to live next to you and eat all of you goodies. I’d even bring you a birthday cake. But don’t count on me when it comes to the flooring. I’m not good at things like that!

9. Hannah March 19, 2012 @ 11:10 am (#

Happy birthday! And sorry about the whole cake ordeal, way to ruin a good time.

10. Megan March 19, 2012 @ 4:46 pm (#

Great idea!

11. Joanne March 19, 2012 @ 7:54 pm (#

Happy birthday lovely! Thirty is the new 25 so you’ve got nothing to worry about. And i’ve got achy breaky muscles today as well…so we’re like twins!

Karly Reply:

@Joanne,

We’re always like twins. Every time I read your blog or your comments I wish that you lived closer. I think we’re soul mates, in a non-creepy way.

12. Sara March 20, 2012 @ 12:32 pm (#

Happy Belated Birthday! Thin Mints are my favorite cookies, I must try these!

13. grace March 22, 2012 @ 5:26 am (#

hope you’re still experiencing residual happy birthday effects, karly! :)

14. Jazzy March 23, 2012 @ 9:08 am (#

I hope u had a Very Happy Birthday!. I’m going to make my friend’s homemade brown mix and make these soon!

15. sally @ sallys baking addiction February 19, 2013 @ 1:39 pm (#

how did I miss mint chocolate day? :( I guess I’ll have thin mints for dinner and these thin mint brownie cookies for dessert.

1. Pingback: Pinterest Roundup Of 25 Thin Mint Inspired Dessert Recipes : From Val's Kitchen