I’ve been on a serious carb kick lately. A cheese kick, too. Also, sugar. Oh, and bacon.
These “kicks” of mine have lasted about 10 years now. Huh. Maybe I should see a doctor about this?
These little biscuit balls aren’t full of cheese or bacon, but they are deliciously carby with just the perfect hint of sugar. Well, it’s just a hint of sugar if you don’t drown these balls in caramel like my kids did. I kind of preferred the lightly sweetened version myself, but the kids were all about covering the entire thing in caramel and then dripping said caramel all over the dining room.
Kids are messy.
These balls are delicious.
Yes, I just said balls are delicious. Grow up.
Or don’t. I giggled about that a little, too.
These would be a perfect treat for breakfast with a bit of fresh fruit on the side, but they also make delicious little snacks when dipped in warmed caramel sauce.
- 2 1/3 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Caramel ice cream topping, for dipping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix half of the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a stand mixer until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve warm, with or without caramel dipping sauce.
recipe from CDKitchen