Assuming everything goes as planned today we’ll be heading in to Nassau, spending our time at Atlantis. I hope the sharks don’t smell all the butter, bacon, and chocolate on me. Just in case this is the last time you ever hear from me: I love you always. Now, for today’s recipe, Rachel, whom I love very much both because she cooks yummy food and because she is just about the sweetest person you’ll ever meet, from A Southern Fairy Tale has such a yummy dessert for you guys. I hope you love her and her food as much as I do!
You know those desserts that you get when you go out to eat?
The ones with the perfectly spiced warm fruit served atop melting vanilla ice cream? Those ‘special occasion’ desserts.
Now, y’all can have those special occasion desserts, at home any time in less than 10 minutes.
I give y’all:
Warm Cinnamon Vanilla Bananas
These banana slices are perfect over creamy vanilla ice cream
They are quick to make and easy to serve.
All it takes is a few simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand:
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Butter and Bananas — chances are, if you’re reading Karly’s blog, you have 4 of the 5 in your house, right now.
Peel the bananas
Slice the bananas into coins and drizzle them with the mixture of brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Toss the bananas and spice mixture together until the bananas are fully coated, top the coated bananas with bits of butter
Cover the bananas with a paper towel; microwave for 45 seconds, remove paper towel, stir, re-cover and microwave for 1 minute.
You have several options at this point.
- devour with a spoon
- serve atop vanilla ice cream
- serve over oatmeal
- serve over cereal
- be nice and share
- 3 bananas, coin-sliced
- 4 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Slice bananas and place them in a microwave-able dish
- Mix together brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon; drizzle over banana slices and then toss until the banana slices are completely covered
- Top this mixture with bits of butter
- Cover with a paper towel and microwave for 45 seconds; remove the paper towel and stir. Re-cover the bananas and microwave for an additional minute.
- Serve over frosty vanilla ice cream, fresh oatmeal, granola, greek yogurt or even just alone. If you're feeling really nice, you could share :-)
Karly, I hope that you’re havin’ an amazing time on your cruise! Thanks for letting me invade your delicious blog, I hope that I did you proud <3 love ya, doll!