January 12, 2011
Mini Pommes Anna
I have a new favorite potato dish. I’ve been making it quite often and at this point my kids just refer to it as “those potatoes.”
So, here! Have some “those potatoes!” You’ll love ’em!
These are basically a Cheaty McCheaterpants version of Pommes Anna, and quite possibly even better than the real deal. Super simple, fun presentation, and amazingly buttery and delicious. I’m in love.
- 2 pounds petite Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted (I used salted, but either works)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter the walls of a muffin tin.
- Wash and peel the potato. Slice them as thin as you can get them using a knife, mandoline, food processor, or vegetable peeler. (I used a good, sharp knife.) Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with the melted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Layer the potatoes in the muffin wells until they are filled to the top.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil (and be careful not to steam your hand...it hurts. Trust me.) and bake for another 15 minutes or until the edges and tops start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and scoop the potatoes stacks out with a small fork. Enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Bakers Royale