S’mores Brownies

Smores Brownies recipe

My husband loves to tease me about all of the foods that I’ve never tasted before and then insist that I try it. Meatloaf, meatballs, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, eggnog, ranch dressing, s’mores, and the list goes on and on and on. He thinks I grew up on a different planet. I think he’s mean. Luckily for him, I also think he’s cute.

Anyway, yes, it’s true. S’mores was one of the many foods that I had never tasted until he introduced them to me. I’m happy to say that my first s’mores happened nearly 7 years ago and I have spent those 7 years eating as many s’mores as possible to make up for lost time.

Sometimes, when I’m desperate, I microwave a s’mores. It’s delicious that way.

When I’ve got more time on my hands, though, it’s fun to come up with fun s’mores treats. These s’mores brownies are super tasty and they were totally easy too. I just made a standard graham cracker crumb crust, dumped on brownie batter from a box mix, and baked until the brownies were done-ish and by that I mean they were still a bit gooey, just the way I like them. Then I topped them with a bag full of marshmallows and popped it all under the broiler. My marshmallows were a bit stale, so they didn’t poof like I wanted them to, so be sure to use fresh ‘mallows for these!

Quick, simple, and my kids were totally impressed. So was I.

Smores Brownies recipe

28 Responses to “S’mores Brownies”

1. Jun December 13, 2010 @ 3:33 am (#

I’m ashamed to say I haven’t tasted s’mored too… Thanks for sharing, now I’m really fired up to try it!

2. Jessica @ How Sweet December 13, 2010 @ 5:39 am (#

S’mores is my favorite flavor combo! SO delicious!

3. Tiffany @ Conor & Bella December 13, 2010 @ 6:47 am (#

Those look like the best brownies ever! LOVE S’mores.

4. Maria December 13, 2010 @ 7:25 am (#

THese look soooo good!

5. Jennie @ Oh, Sweet Day! December 13, 2010 @ 7:52 am (#

WOW these have to be the most genius brownies ever!

6. Liz December 13, 2010 @ 8:12 am (#

I love s’mores anything! I actually don’t love brownies (as much as other baked goods) but make them s’mores ones and I’m sold!

7. JehanP December 13, 2010 @ 8:55 am (#

These looks awesome!! I would love a bite of this.

8. natalie (the sweets life) December 13, 2010 @ 9:28 am (#

I’ve made s’mores brownies before but not like THIS!! Whoa, so impressed!

9. Joanne December 13, 2010 @ 11:54 am (#

There are definitely a lot of childhood sweets and such that I was never allowed to eat. But smores…well they are a classic. (Are you sure didn’t grow up on mars? :P ) Seriously though, I’m glad you discovered them because they are one of hte greatest things on this earth. These brownies – fantastic!

10. Caitlin December 13, 2010 @ 12:26 pm (#

I’ve definitely done this when trying to come up with a way to spice up some last minute brownies. I have to say though, your look about a kajillion times better!!

11. Kirbie December 13, 2010 @ 12:56 pm (#

I love the toasted look of the marshmallows! What a great twist on smores.

12. Amanda December 13, 2010 @ 1:00 pm (#

You had me when I saw the whole toasted marshmallow on top, and it looks so much more delicious than the jarred fluff smeared on top!

13. Deborah December 13, 2010 @ 1:13 pm (#

I’d be impressed with these in front of me as well!!

14. grace December 13, 2010 @ 4:47 pm (#

everyone should taste a s’more at some point in their lives…unless they’re allergic to chocolate or something. that’s the only excuse i’ll accept. :)

15. Michelle December 14, 2010 @ 7:52 am (#

Yum! I need a hit of summer right about now. :)

16. Alana December 14, 2010 @ 1:25 pm (#

Just saw these on Tasty Kitchen…looks yummy!!! Can’t wait to try them!

17. Jules December 14, 2010 @ 4:29 pm (#

These look amazing…going out to buy the ingredients! Can’t wait to try them!

18. Sam December 15, 2010 @ 11:16 am (#

ugh, easier said than done. i couldn’t get the brownies out without messing up the marshmallows. any tips?

19. Jess December 15, 2010 @ 11:20 am (#

I had the same problem as sam… I greased the foil all the way up the side, but they still were stuck and wouldn’t come off… I also had a problem with the marshmallows sticking to the knife and peeling off the brownies. Maybe I waited too long to cut them… but I was worried about the marshmallows burning me because they seemed so gooey

20. Ally Lynn May 11, 2011 @ 2:12 pm (#

Pinch me, I’m dreaming…

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention S’mores Brownies -- Topsy.com

2. Pingback: Last Links of the Year | picklebums.com

3. Pingback: Camping Redemption!

4. Pingback: S’mores Cookies — Buns In My Oven