Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites recipe

Walk away. No, wait. RUN away. What I am about to show is bad. It’s horrible and dangerous and terrible and completely, absolutely addicting. You think you’ll be able to eat just one of these little chocolate dipped pretzel sandwiches, but I’m telling you: That’s not possible. It’s like the law of gravity, what goes up absolutely positively must come down. Or that rule about how you can’t fold one piece of paper in half more than 7 times no matter how hard you try. It’s as impossible as a human flapping his arms and flying. It’s like a Lay’s potato chip…you can’t eat just one.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites recipe

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I have a bit of a thing for chocolate and peanut butter. I also have a thing for sweet and salty. I also like when foods combine soft and creamy with hard and crunchy. These pretzel bites are like my dream come true. The sandwich filling is basically just a peanut butter ball (which, let me tell you, takes me to my happy place all by itself), then the peanut butter ball is lightly squished between two salty pretzels. To make matters worse, the sandwich is then dipped in chocolate. Someone save me.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites recipe

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
recipe from Foodaphilia

• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp softened butter
  • 1/2 – 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 – 1 cup brown sugar
  • Pretzels
  • 1 bag  semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine the peanut butter, butter, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and 3/4 cup of brown sugar in a mixer. Beat until well combined. Add more sugar as needed to get the mixture to a consistency where you can easily roll it without it sticking to your hands. If the mixture gets too sweet, add 1/4 tsp of salt to cut the sweetness.

Roll the mixture into small balls (about 1 tsp of the mixture for each ball). Sandwich the balls between two pretzels and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Melt the chocolate in a double broiler or carefully in a microwave. Dip one half of each sandwich into the chocolate mixture to coat and then set aside. Repeat with all the sandwiches and then place them back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened back up. Store in the fridge.

39 Responses to “Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites”

1. Bridget October 24, 2010 @ 8:21 pm (#

This is bad, Karly… Very, very bad… lol

2. ashley @ ashley's adventures in alaska October 24, 2010 @ 9:20 pm (#

Oh man! You took 3 of my favorite things and merged them together. Thank goodness there’s no way to incorporate Chardonnay into them, or I’d be in serious trouble. :)

3. Jessica @ How Sweet October 25, 2010 @ 5:22 am (#

Sweet, salty and peanut butter – doesn’t get much better!

4. Barbara October 25, 2010 @ 6:03 am (#

Those are so cute, Karly! And I love the presentation! Let alone combining three of the best flavors ever!

5. Crystal October 25, 2010 @ 8:49 am (#

Oh man, these are too cute!! I would eat a ton in no time.

6. Annie October 25, 2010 @ 8:59 am (#

Oohh, it’s like buckeyes, but with an added salty crunch! I will definitely be trying these soon. :-)

7. Maria October 25, 2010 @ 9:15 am (#

I could eat that entire plate! YUM!

8. TheHealthyApron October 25, 2010 @ 2:08 pm (#

Thank you for leaving me with a craving that I can do nothing about because I am at work! Ug…these look incredible!

9. Joanne October 25, 2010 @ 7:14 pm (#

I’m not quite sure whether to rejoice that you’ve come up with something so ingenious…or to run away screaming because this is possibly going to make me gain ten pounds when I make a batch and eat all of it in one sitting. Hmmm…

10. Amanda October 26, 2010 @ 6:45 am (#

OMG This is Terrific !!!! I also put my spin on it and did 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup cream cheese, for the ball and let me tell you its like a party in your mouth!!!! (if you like cheese cake) woohooooo Your recipes makes my families mouths really happy, Thank You!!!!!

11. avril October 26, 2010 @ 6:48 am (#

Um yah….I soooooo want/need to make these little gems of sweetness and salty-ness!!! Wowsers they look GOOD!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Happy Tuesday!
    ~avril :-)

12. Crustabakes October 26, 2010 @ 8:24 am (#

i too have a thing for chocolate and peanut butter. and for sweet and salty. and for soft and crunchy. These guys soo have my name on it! yummmm

13. abbey October 26, 2010 @ 8:43 am (#

this looks so adorable! perfect as a Halloween treat!

14. grace October 26, 2010 @ 4:35 pm (#

i’m not sure any of that peanut butter fluff would actually make it between the pretzels. wowza.

15. angie October 29, 2010 @ 1:40 pm (#

these ARE amazing, the kids and I made them this week. love them. thanks for sharing!

16. Duchess of Fork October 30, 2010 @ 2:36 pm (#

Oh. My. Gosh. All of my favorite things wrapped into one perfect treat. I think I just cried a little.

17. shelly (cookies and cups) November 5, 2010 @ 7:23 am (#

These sound like an addiction I wanna have :)

18. Megan November 7, 2010 @ 8:25 pm (#

These do look mighty dangerous…can’t wait to try them ;)

19. Summer November 10, 2010 @ 2:02 pm (#

i think i love you. these would be cute in a little canning jar and given to loved ones for a homemade Christmas gift… or I could just keep them all for myself ;)

20. sara November 19, 2010 @ 12:23 am (#

These look amazing!!! Yum yum yum…I definitely need to make these! :)

21. Lauren November 19, 2010 @ 12:38 pm (#

Simply fantastic combination of flavors! I wouldn’t be able to stop eating these.

22. tia @ buttercreambarbie November 20, 2010 @ 12:51 am (#

wow – this is amazing. I will HAVE to make these. It’s too easy and tempting ;)

23. cheriez December 9, 2010 @ 11:02 am (#

these look delish…is it ok to post the recipe on my blog and link it back to yours?? have a blessed day!

24. laura February 7, 2011 @ 3:32 pm (#

i made these for a superbowl party but i could not for the life of me “roll it without it sticking to your hands.” how on Earth were you able to do that?

i found it much (much!) easier to put the peanut butter mixture into a piping bag and squirt it onto a pretzel. i also found that 1/2 teaspoon of the PB mixture per sandwich was plenty.

thanks for the inspiration. i have a feeling these are going to make me very popular at all future potlucks and with kids!

25. Karly February 7, 2011 @ 3:45 pm (#

Laura,

Sorry you had problems with these! Add a bit more powdered sugar next time to get it to a consistency where you can roll it. Sounds like it was just a bit too moist. :)

Way to go with the piping bag though! That was a great idea!

Karly

26. Sue March 17, 2011 @ 4:11 pm (#

Uh oh, these look way too good! :)

27. Ted May 20, 2011 @ 3:53 pm (#

Just made these for a party – they went over great! Thanks for the post :)

28. Dmarie October 10, 2011 @ 12:55 pm (#

ooh, these look wicked good! and even easy enough for a lazy day. Hope to be cursing you for making me eat these sometime SOON! ;)

29. Naomi January 24, 2013 @ 10:13 am (#

These look PERFECT!!! And, it has all my favorite foods :)

30. seo packages April 16, 2013 @ 9:35 am (#

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon
    on a daily basis. It’s always useful to read through content from other authors and practice something from their sites.

31. Dorothy April 24, 2013 @ 4:39 pm (#

You are so funny! I have sitting here reading some of your recipes and laughing out loud at some of your comments. Thanks for the chuckles and the awesome recipes! I have pinned several and I am bookmarking you. I wan to come back often.

32. antidepressants kirsch placebo May 9, 2013 @ 10:42 am (#

Marvelous, what a blog it is! This website provides helpful
    information to us, keep it up.

33. Melissa B in IL October 10, 2013 @ 8:57 pm (#

These look great! I don’t have mini pretzels and refuse to go to the store AGAIN this week… but I do have these mini graham bites that aren’t getting eaten. I bet if I use them in this, they’ll disappear!

• Karly replied: — October 13th, 2013 @ 2:02 pm

I bet that will be amazing!

1. Pingback: On My Mind: Homemade is Better « Jamestown MOPS