Cheesecake Bites

Cheesecake. Cheeeeeeeesecake. Cheeeeeeeeeeeesecaaaaaaaaake.

What? I like cheesecake, okay? I like to say it, I like to bake it, I like to smell it, I like to eat it.

Cheesecake. It is good.

My dream cheesecake has a chocolate crust and raspberry topping. Unfortunately, raspberries are fruit and do you know what my husband thinks about fruit? Bad things, that’s what. The man will eat a banana every now and again, but that is the only fruit he likes. He’s so weird. I’m not sure I can stay married to a man that doesn’t enjoy a good berry every now and again.

Enter these cheesecake bites. I swirled some fresh raspberry puree into my portion of cheesecake bites and I swirled in a bit of Nutella for my husband. We both cried tears of joy and decided that maybe our marriage would survive after all. I love a happy ending, don’t you?

These cheesecake bites are so fun. They’re pretty simple too and bake up much faster than a full sized cheesecake. It’s  also a lot easier to sneak one of these in your mouth while hiding behind the refrigerator door so that your kids don’t ask if they can have dessert for breakfast too! Not that I would ever do that or anything.

Cheesecake Bites
slightly adapted from Annie’s Eats (whose blog I ADORE

For the crust:

• 2 cups Oreo crumbs (just crush the cookies, filling and all, in a food processor or blender)
  • 4 tbsp butter, melted

For the topping:

• 6 oz fresh raspberries
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • Nutella, chocolate, caramel topping (only if you want a variety of toppings, optional)

For the filling:

• 2 lbs cream cheese (4 8oz packages), at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 4 large eggs, room temperature

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Enlist your children to line the muffin pans with paper liners. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Stir together with a fork until the Oreo crumbs are moist. Spoon 1 tbsp of the crust into each paper liner. Press flat with the back of a spoon. Bake for 5 minutes to set the crust. Transfer to a cooling rack.

To make the topping, add the raspberries and sugar to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Press through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside.

To make the filling, add the cream cheese to the bowl of your mixer. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy on medium speed. Beat in the sugar until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the salt and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time beating until each is fully incorporated.

To assemble, add 3 tablespoons of filling to each cupcake liner/crust. Dot a 1/2 teaspoon of whichever filling you are using (I vote for raspberry!) on to the batter 3 times. You should have 3 separate dots of filling, 1/2 teaspoon each. Use a toothpick to lightly swirl the filling in to the batter creating a pretty swirl. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.

Bake until the filling is set, about 22 minutes, rotating the pans half way through. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill at least 4 hours before serving.

Yield: between 24 and 30 cupcakes – I had enough filling for 30 cupcakes, but only enough crust for 24. That being said, I went heavy with the crust because I like lots!

25 Responses to “Cheesecake Bites”

1. Maria August 16, 2010 @ 8:36 am (#

Love these bites. Too cute!

2. Candy August 16, 2010 @ 8:49 am (#

Oooh…looks so good! About how many does this make?

3. Jessica @ How Sweet August 16, 2010 @ 8:53 am (#

Not only do they look mouthwatering, they are pretty too!

4. JoAnn August 16, 2010 @ 8:57 am (#

YYYummm.. !! Along with how many this recipe makes, I would also like to know if these are regular muffin-size tins, or mini-muffin sized.

5. Karly August 16, 2010 @ 9:01 am (#

JoAnn,

Sorry about that! I’m horrible about mentioning how many a recipe makes! Bad baker! This made 24 regular sized cupcakes. I had a bit of filling left over, but had used up all of the crust. I think if you go a bit easier on the crust you could get closer to 30 cupcakes.

Hope that helps!
    Karly

6. Julie @ Willow Bird Baking August 16, 2010 @ 9:18 am (#

Cute! And the perfect size to eat about 18 of them by myself — wait, did I just say that?

7. Joanne August 16, 2010 @ 11:30 am (#

Ah compromise. The key to a healthy relationship. I bet nutella AND some fruity swirls would be just divine as well.

8. Robyn August 17, 2010 @ 12:11 am (#

Cuuute! I’m a sucker for tiny baked goods…

9. Cheri August 17, 2010 @ 7:20 am (#

What a good wifey you are! These look delicious! I’m so sad that I haven’t been able to find a hard block of cream cheese here yet.. all I can ever find is the soft tubs. Makes me so sad because I would love to try these!

10. Ashley August 17, 2010 @ 1:55 pm (#

These would be way too dangerous!

11. Erin @ Making Memories August 17, 2010 @ 3:05 pm (#

Oh my heck! These look amamzing! I LOVE cheesecake!!!!

12. grace August 17, 2010 @ 4:24 pm (#

these are undeniably the best shower or reception nibble ever. don’t you dare deny it. :)

13. Bridget August 18, 2010 @ 12:56 pm (#

Having read this post is very bad for me… Well, more so, bad for my waistline! lol Cheesecake is my weakness… These look delish!

14. Becky Jackman August 20, 2010 @ 5:27 pm (#

Hi, are these for a mini muffin tin or large-regular size muffins???

Thank you!

Karly Reply:

Becky,

The recipe is for regular sized muffins. You could use mini muffins though, just be sure to watch the baking time!

Karly

15. shelly (cookies and cups) August 23, 2010 @ 7:18 am (#

I am sorta the same as your husband with the fruit situation. weird, but these cheesecakes look awesome, and since they are small that means I can eat more..yeah?

16. lena September 20, 2010 @ 9:53 am (#

hi, first time to your blog. These cheesecakes look so cute and delicious!

17. Shauna October 30, 2010 @ 2:09 pm (#

These were so YUMMY!!! This was the first recipe that I used from your site and now I can’t wait to make something else :-)

18. Jenna December 11, 2010 @ 12:35 pm (#

I just made these for a Christmas party I’m having, except that I used Digestive Biscuits for the base, and three different flavourings. I used the basic filling above, but then added 1) the zest and juice of one lemon, and dotted a frozen raspberry in the middle; 2) a mushed banana, desiccated coconut and a (large) dash of rum; 3) melted chocolate folded in for a ‘marbled’ look. My flatmates and I just tried one of each and they are THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO HUMANITY. So good. I made both normal and mini-muffin sized ones for a variety :)

19. NewMommy February 1, 2011 @ 8:15 am (#

I made these using a silicone bite-size-brownie pan and they turned out amazing! No liners, just spray the pan a little and nothing sticks to it. I also make a nutella cheesecake- it is very rich but amazingly delicious… Got compliments even from my mother-in-law. Just add 1/2 C nutella per 8 oz cream cheese and no sugar :) AMAZING!
    Thank you for this recipe- Love it!!!!

20. Brandi February 6, 2011 @ 4:22 pm (#

I made these for our Superbowl party and they are delicious! I halved the recipe and they turned out great. I added chocolate chips to some, peanut butter to some, and Nutella to the others! Great, easy recipe! Thanks for sharing!

21. Heidi February 5, 2012 @ 4:06 pm (#

I made these today for my Superbowl party, I tweaked them a little bit though! I used a graham cracker crust, added a fresh raspberry on top and then drizzled white chocolate on them. They are DELICIOUS! Thank you, Karly, for the wonderful inspiration!!!

1. Pingback: One Day I'll Cook These. | picklebums.com