Chocolate Crescents

Chocolate Crescents recipe

Alright, alright. I can hear you all rolling your eyes and looking at that picture saying “Oooh, Karly can open up a tube of crescent rolls and bake them! She’s magical!” Quit with the sarcasm, people.

Those crescent rolls up there are special. I really am magical! It’s true. You see, I took a boring (but delicious) tube of refrigerated crescent rolls and I opened it up. It was hard, lemme tell ya. Sometimes the tubes don’t pop the way they are supposed to! It’s horrible! And turrible. Just turrible. (Also, yes, I meant “terrible” but my husband says it with a “u” and I kinda like it.)

After I had those crescent rolls open do you know what I had to do? I had to unroll them! Oh, the work. I wasn’t sure I was going to make it!

Chocolate Crescents recipe

Then I did something wild and crazy. Also, magical. Very magical, indeed.

I placed two squares of Hershey’s milk chocolate right in the center of each little crescent roll triangle. Then I rolled it all up, popped it in the oven, and sat back and congratulated myself on the magic that I had just created.

Seriously, y’all, the chocolate just transforms inside the crescent roll into something amazing. Chocolate is good, but chocolate baked in a crescent roll is super-fantastic. It’s almost like the frosting you lick off a donut. What? You don’t lick the frosting off your donuts? The crescent rolls really aren’t very sweet so they play against that yummy chocolate just perfectly.

Whether you make these for a super simple breakfast or totally easy after school snack, you are going to go nuts for these things. Absolutely nuts. In a good way, I hope.

Chocolate Crescents recipe

Chocolate Crescents

• 1 tube crescent rolls (I prefer Pillsbury)
  • 2 bars Hershey’s milk chocolate candy (you’ll have some left over for snacking on)

Pre-heat your oven per the directions on the tube of dough. Unroll each dough and place on the baking sheet. Place 2 small squares of chocolate in the center of each triangle of dough. Roll dough up in a crescent shape over the chocolate being careful to seal the edges so the chocolate doesn’t leak out. Bake as instructed on the crescent rolls packaging. Devour while warm with a glass of cold milk.

22 Responses to “Chocolate Crescents”

1. kathleen August 11, 2010 @ 9:14 pm (#

Try it with a milky way sometime! Delicious!

2. Gail August 11, 2010 @ 11:20 pm (#

Ya know what? Sometimes I think your blog is evil!! Seriously, I just look at the things you come up with sometimes and I instantly gain 10 pounds! LOL That being said, I LOVE this place! :)

3. Jessica @ How Sweet August 12, 2010 @ 4:44 am (#

Oh I just love this idea!! I can’t wait to try!

4. The Blue-Eyed Bakers August 12, 2010 @ 5:57 am (#

Sometimes those tubes ARE really hard to get open! And you have to get out the spoon to open them up…really…you deserve some serious credit for dreaming up this deliciousness. Chocolate? Bread? Um yes. Yes please.

5. Amy Kelly August 12, 2010 @ 6:37 am (#

I’ve been doing a similar thing for a while now (I just sprinkle in some semisweet chocolate chips usually), and love it. It’s a nice way to use up extra crescents when making pigs in a blanket or something else that only really requires part of the container. My favorite way to make these? A big dollop of Nutella added in with the semisweet chocolate chips. Trust me, it’s divine! I haven’t tried peanut butter paired with the chocolate yet, but I imagine that would be great too.

6. mommabean August 12, 2010 @ 6:45 am (#

Oh, these look delicious! I have a tube of Honey Butter Grand Biscuits that I accidentally bought instead of the plain ones. I wonder if I could use those instead?

7. Pat Campbell August 12, 2010 @ 7:35 am (#

Yummy!

8. Amber August 12, 2010 @ 11:51 am (#

I’m picturing these dipped in some raspberry jam! Yumm!

9. Michelle August 12, 2010 @ 12:17 pm (#

Oh, Karly, that reminds of that urban legend about the woman who was driving home from the store and thought someone had shot her because her crescent roll tube popped open and hit her in the head. LOL Have you ever heard that??? Oh my gosh, I remember someone telling me that as a kid. Too funny.

Well, I think your treat sounds delish. Add a marshmallow in there too, and you’ve got yourself a tasty s’more.

10. Joanne August 12, 2010 @ 12:34 pm (#

You are adorable. And now I am coming over for crescent rolls. Stuffed with chocolate. Amen.

11. Cara August 12, 2010 @ 12:46 pm (#

I’ve done these with hershey kisses before and have seen people put Marshmallows in them too! Yummy!

12. Ashley August 13, 2010 @ 10:14 am (#

I love the pop sound that those pillsbury cans make when you open them! I know I’d have a hard time resisting eating these..

13. Lindsay August 13, 2010 @ 1:44 pm (#

You are too funny!! I love this idea and it’s so simple…well besides getting that dadgum tube of cresents to pop open on the first try! I must try these tonight with some Nutella. Thanks!

14. Rebekah August 13, 2010 @ 2:31 pm (#

I have heard of doing this with chocolate chips. I really need to get off my duff and try this. :)

15. grace August 13, 2010 @ 2:56 pm (#

it’s simple delights like this that get me through life. bravo. :)

16. Sara August 20, 2010 @ 6:59 pm (#

Made them 2nite and topped with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate syrup! My 6 yo daughter’s eyes nearly popped out when she took a bite and said “Are these stuffed with CHOCOLATE?” We loved them!

17. A September 18, 2010 @ 6:28 pm (#

I saw these on the movie, “It’s Complicated.” Meryl Streep makes them one night for her boyfriend and ever since then I have wanted some!! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! BTW–is your wiping up snot website down? I can’t connect to it.

18. Ali @ Three Baking Sheets September 29, 2010 @ 1:51 pm (#

That “pop” used to scare the crap out of me when I was young.

Dude, these are genius. You’re a genius.

19. Texas Chick September 30, 2010 @ 2:22 pm (#

Make them with mini snicker bars – they are heavenly!! I also drizzle with glaze to make them look like I slaved!

20. lauramich November 23, 2010 @ 3:51 pm (#

I’ve done this in the past with Hershey’s cinnamon chips. Then, dust with powdered sugar. Cinnamon rolls for the super lazy!

21. Elisha December 28, 2010 @ 3:15 pm (#

So, I also I saw these on the movie, “It’s Complicated.” And have wanted to try them every since, so this morning I was at Starbucks, you know that played out coffee joint everyone seems to love so much. Low and behold they had some chocolate crescents, I was so happy :p Also, I plan to make these w/ the pillbury crescents tomorrow night ;) Thx for the tips!

1. Pingback: Tasty Tuesday – Chocolate “Croissants” | booksforbelle