Jalapeno Popper Dip

I’ve still got Superbowl on the brain over here. No, I don’t care about the teams or the game or any of that other completely interesting football stuff that the rest of the world cares about, I just care about the menu. Superbowl is the perfect day for dips and snacks and finger foods and I’m sorry, but there just aren’t enough days devoted to the finger foods.

This Jalapeno Popper dip is the perfect football food. It’s spicy, so the boys can act all tough and pretend like their lips aren’t burning off and the girls can say things like “My, my, my…aren’t you manly and strong!” Clearly, this is a winning dip.

This is positively full of jalapenos. The recipe calls for two diced jalapenos plus one jar of pickled jalapenos. I’m a bit of a wuss, so I won’t lie, my lips burst into flames. It’s hard being such a sissy. My husband had to throw a glass of water in my face. Go ahead and add the pickled jalapenos and then give it a taste. Add more jalapeno if you can handle it, but be careful, you don’t want to end up with a face full of water and third degree burns on your fragile little lips.

Jalapeno Popper Dip
Recipe from Closet Cooking

• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I used the powdery kind and it was fine)
  • 1 (4 ounce) can pickled jalapenos
  • 2 jalapeno peppers (diced, optional)
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Finely dice the jalapenos and add to a mixing bowl. Add in the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese. Mix well and spread into a small baking dish or oven safe bowl. Mix together the panko and parmesan and pour over the top of the dip. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with chips and a big ol’ glass of milk to cool the burn.

24 Responses to “Jalapeno Popper Dip”

1. Dave -nibbleanibble January 26, 2010 @ 9:32 pm (#

I love jalapenos! The perfect compliment to any chips. Something about the taste of spicy…just so heart warming.

2. Jill January 27, 2010 @ 8:58 am (#

Aw man… now I need to plan a Super Bowl party. Sweet!!

3. Bugaboo January 27, 2010 @ 11:48 am (#

Sounds yummy. And I agree — who cares about football? It’s really all about the food!

4. Meadowlark January 27, 2010 @ 12:23 pm (#

Sigh…
    the “powdery kind”
    my visions are dashed especially after the canned chicken post.

J/K ;)

Gonna pre-make it this weekend and give it a test. Thx!

5. grace January 27, 2010 @ 2:06 pm (#

this is my kind of dip! wait, does that make me manly? i’d eat it in the most ladylike of fashions, i promise! :)

6. Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes January 27, 2010 @ 11:58 pm (#

Oh so tempting. :) Yum!

7. shelly (cookies and cups) January 28, 2010 @ 7:19 am (#

Great party food…sounds spicy!!

8. Barbara January 28, 2010 @ 8:34 am (#

Yowee! I’m cutting back on the jalapeno!
    We’ve all got Super Bowl on the brain- and no wonder. Food, food, food.

9. Karen Sugarpants January 28, 2010 @ 1:17 pm (#

i pink puffy heart jalapenos. will for sure be makin’ this!

10. Mary January 28, 2010 @ 4:47 pm (#

Double yum! Just the thing to make for my ladies movie night tomorrow. Oh yeah, and that football game too. :)

11. Kim DeBoor January 31, 2010 @ 10:58 am (#

You are so right definitely not enough days dedicated to finger foods I can’t wait to try this

12. megan January 31, 2010 @ 7:02 pm (#

ooh i’m a wimp when it comes to spicy foods. i bet my husband would love this though. i’m with you on the superbowl though…definitely more worried about the food than the game :)

13. Beverly February 2, 2010 @ 6:51 pm (#

roast the jalapeno peppers, remove seeds and membranes and chop…will add a deeper flavor of the pepper rather than so much heat. by the way, buns, rub sour cream on the lips or any dairy with fat content. takes the burn out.

14. Memoria February 4, 2010 @ 10:48 pm (#

This dip looks fantastic. I love the addition of jalapeÑos! What a great, enticing photo!

15. Amy (Sing For Your Supper) February 5, 2010 @ 11:38 am (#

LOL – “My, my, my…aren’t you manly and strong!” Hahahaha!! I love it!
    Ok, since my hubby is a jalapeno-popper addict, I guess I need to make this ASAP! Great looking dip!!

16. Kelly February 8, 2010 @ 3:44 pm (#

Just wanted to let you know that I made this dip yesterday for my family. Everyone loved it!

The pickeled jalapenos were a little too hot for me, so I didn’t use as much. Oh, and my husband put it in the oven before I had a chance to add the crunchy topping… I guess that’s my excuse to make it again next weekend? :)

17. Sandy March 4, 2010 @ 12:25 am (#

I love your crunchy topping idea. I like serving spicy dips with cucumber or zucchini rounds. The coolness of the veggies takes the guilt out of the luscious cheese.

18. Meri March 10, 2010 @ 12:52 pm (#

Making this tonight… and I really want to add bacon to it. Yum!

19. Katy Belle April 11, 2010 @ 11:18 pm (#

I’ve made a recipe by the same name many, many times… but instead of a 4oz can of pickled jalapenos, it has a 4oz can of chopped chille peppers. Such a nice taste and not quite as much heat! I always add more jalapenos though….so perhaps I would like your recipe better!

20. Jan August 28, 2011 @ 1:38 pm (#

Ooh, that looks really good (and so does the hot bacon cheese spread!). I’m a wuss when it comes to spicy food too, so thanks for the warning! : )..

1. Pingback: Super Bowl Snacks and Ideas | chaos in the kitchen

2. Pingback: Jalapeno Popper Dip… « Chocswirl

3. Pingback: Sisterhood of the Losties FROSH thread for Cindy's Birthday! - Splitcoaststampers.com

4. Pingback: Still being productive! « Seventh and W.